Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Freezer Paper Stenciling....

There are a LOT of different sites that have info about Freezer Paper Stenciling. I HIGHLY suggest you visit them if you are really interested in doing this project because they have better instructions. I am just giving the BASIC overview here.

Here are some good ones... HERE and HERE

Step One: Pick a design, saying, picture etc. that you want to have on your shirt. Trace it or print it on freezer paper. Better yet........Have an awesome friend with a Cricut and a progam called Sure Cuts A Lot. My friend Jana cut ALL of the pieces of freezer paper for my shirt. If you don't know someone with these resources and you have a simple pattern you can use an exacto knife to cut out the design.

Step Two: Peel out the inside letters that got cut. It will look like the picture below.
Step Three: Iron the Freezer Paper on with the waxy side on the shirt.
Step Four: Iron on all of the "insides" or pieces that need to go inside the letters.

Step Five: Paint! This is the fun part. You don't even have to stay in the lines.... just don't go off of the freezer paper onto the shirt. I used TULIP brand. My friend said that she has washed her shirts multiple times and they still look great. I used 2 layers of the Tulip paint on each shirt.

Step Six: Let the shirt sit for 4-6 hours. Peel off the Freezer Paper and the little "inside pieces" and Voila an AWESOME shirt! The possibilites are endless!
Last Step: Heat set the shirt, use a piece of cloth and iron over the dried letters so that they won't crack when you wash them.

3 comments:

  1. We are excited for the kids to get their shirts (or onesies)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I'm so excited to see this! I saw it in a magazine and didn't understand the instructions at all. I wanted to do it with my activity days girls! Thanks so much! I might be emailing/calling with questions! :)

    ReplyDelete