
I've wanted to make one of these for a while now after seeing them pop up around the internet. Here's the lowdown:
1) They are cheap.
2) They are easy.
3) They'll increase your hot gluing skills by 100%.
4) They are stinking cute.
What you'll need:
1 styrofoam or other wreath mold, readily available at Michaels, JoAnn's or Hobby Lobby - size is up to you.
2 bags of lima beans (a little over a dollar a bag at Walmart) - may need more or less depending on the size of your wreath
1, 582 glue sticks, or close to it and a glue gun
Spray paint, color of your choice
Nice ribbon to hang the wreath
The process is simple. Basically, glue the lima beans around the wreath - I started with a diagonal circle.

And I kept gluing and kind of piecing the lima beans together to form a nice, diagonal pattern. I glued mine to the back of my wreath just so you could see lima beans from every angle. It meant that on the back I was able to fudge the niceness-factor and not have everything line up perfectly.

Continue gluing and gluing some more.

Until the wreath is covered in lima beans. Don't worry about small gaps or seeing hot glue - that will all get covered up with the paint. However, do try to pick up all the stray hot glue strands. They don't look very pretty covered in spray paint.

Take your spray paint and on a cardboard box or big piece of paper (outside is preferable), paint the wreath until it is well coated but not drippy. Let it dry.

And then hang it up! You can paint this white for Christmas, orange for Halloween, green or pink for Easter - you get the picture. The options are endless.

Your wreath looks great Mel! Here is my little variation. I just bought a pointsetta bunch and some berries at Walmart for $1.00 each, cut them off their stems and hot glued them on to make it a little more Christmasy. I also bought a glossy white spray and after that dried added some sparkle spray.
No comments:
Post a Comment